REGULAR TOWN BOARD MEETING
MONDAY January 13, 2020
The Town of Cooks Valley town board will hold its regular town meeting on Monday January 13, 2020 at the Cooks Valley Town Hall [15751 40th Street] at 7:30 pm. The public is invited to attend this meeting. A possible quorum of the plan commission may be present at this meeting.
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Certification of proper posting for the scheduled town board meeting – posted in 3 places Jan 9, 2020
- Public Comment: the Cooks Valley town board welcomes public comments on matters pertaining to township issues. Because it is important to maintain order during the meeting, it is the policy of the town board that all public comments on an issue shall be limited to three (3) minutes per person, no person may make more than (1) comment per subject, and the session is no more than thirty minutes long. (We apologize for the tight time restrictions) They are necessary to ensure that we complete our business). Comments may be made on any subject pertaining to township issues, however, comments on matters not appearing on this agenda can only be discussed but may not be acted on at this meeting. If the board desires, the matters may be placed on a future agenda for action. No debating between residents
- Discussion and possible action on budget categories – Money market accounts & balances
- Approval of the December 9, 2019 regular town board meeting DF motion DC 2nd carried 2-0
- Reading by Treasurer of December financial report - Ending balance on December 31st of 96,682.53 and total cash on hand $266,457.81
- Reading and approval of the December bills - Voucher # 5013 to #5039 DC motion and DF 2nd carried 2-0
- Building permits - none
- Discussion and possible action to approve the Comprehensive plan – DF motion to accept 2nd addition 2020 – 2030 township plan DC 2nd motion carried 2-0
- Discussion and possible renewal of animal control contract – Calvin didn’t make it to meeting so moved to next month agenda
- Discussion and possible action on town computer and web site security – Darrel suggested that Judy check with county to make sure security is up to date on her programs.
- Discussion and possible action to approve Board attendance at WTA conference in February – DF appoved two people to attend and DC 2nd.
- Discussion and possible action on Purfrac road agreement – could not come, Attorney sent contract and Darrel had telephone conference with them today. Minor things for EOG to agree to and Attorney had some suggestions on changes. Then Purfrac would need to pay legal fees to have township attorney look it over. Between attorneys.
- Chairman’s report-fire report-Mine Roads – no fires in township, Frontier mine has not mined since Sept 30, 2018. Three years is the limit to go without mining and then they would have to reclaim.
- Dissemination of Information- clerk’s report – tobacco sales change from 18 years to 21 years of age and filed form with the state for Valley Tavern, no news on when computer will be coming
- Future items and business – Calvin animal control contract, Land conservation representative Dan Masterpole, purchase package with security for computers, Purfrac. Next meeting is February 10th
- Adjourn – 8:19pm DF made motion and DC 2nd and motion carried 2-0
Please take notice that during the meeting the Town Board may go into closed session, pursuant to Wis. Stat. §§ 19.83 & 19.85(1) (g), to confer on legal matters concerning the township
Cooks Valley Town Hall
Ms. Fitz Hideout
Township Web Page at http://cv1927 bloomertel.net