Town of Cooks Valley
SPECIAL TOWN BOARD MEETING
December 17, 2008
The Town of Cooks Valley town board will hold a special town board meeting on Wednesday December 17, 2008 at the Cooks Valley Town Hall [15751 40th Street] immediately following the public hearing scheduled at 7:30 pm. The public is invited to attend this meeting.
- Call to Order
- Public Comment: the Cooks Valley town board welcomes public comments on matters pertaining to township issues. Because it is important to maintain order during the meeting, it is the policy of the town board that all public comments on an issue shall be limited to three (3) minutes per person, no person may make more than one (1) comment per subject and the session is no more than thirty minutes long. (We apologize for the tight time restrictions. They are necessary to ensure that we complete our business). Comments may be made on any subject pertaining to township issues, however, comments on matters not appearing on this agenda can only be discussed but may not be acted on at this meeting. If the board desires, the matters may be placed on a future agenda for action. No debating between residents, comments should be addressed to the town board.
- Approval of the minutes of the November 5, 2008 special meeting
- Discussion and action on possible changes to Chapter 19 Mining Ordinance
- Discussion and action on possible changes to Mining Application
- Discussion and action on possible changes to Mining Permit
Please take notice that during the meeting the Town Board may go into closed session, pursuant to Wis. Stat. §§ 19.83 & 19.85(1)(g), to confer with legal counsel for the Town who is rendering oral or written advice concerning strategy to be adopted by the Town Board with respect to litigation or potential litigation in which the Town is or is likely to become involved relative to the Town’s existing mining ordinance, application, permit, and mining moratorium.
Cooks Valley Town Hall,
Trout Creek Tavern,
Township Web Page at http://www.bloomer.net/~ cv1927